We have 3 installation spaces for our Munich Artists installation series and now I need participation from Munich Artists! We will have sign up sheets for 5 Installations at our Saturday April 22, 2017 at our Say Hello Event.
Sign-ups for the following Munich Artists Installations that will be shown at Elsässerstr in Haidhausen:
- Say Goodbye – (Black bags with artwork on front that fades in the sun over the month installation.) We will have an event at Elsässerstr. at the end of the installation to see the fade results and share them on our social media feed.
- Cost: 20 Euro (Including bag which participating artists can pick up at Hands Gallery.
- Deadline to submit the black bag is May 21, 2017
- A gathering will happen on June 25, 2017 at Elsässerstr. 19 from 1700 to 2000 to see what happened with our bags. (This is also the takedown of the installation.)
- The End Installation – This is an art swap. You will bring/mail an A4 envelope to Frauenstrasse 18 with 4 pieces of art inside. At the end of the installation, we will take all the art out of the envelope and mail you back three art pieces in a self-addressed/stamped envelope you provide to us (It should be included in the envelope you give me.). The envelopes will be used for the installation and at the end of the installation, we will mail out the artwork.
- Cost: 10 Euro plus one art piece to be retained by Munich Artists as the art installation. We will offer a limited edition print run of this for people if they are interested once we open all the art pieces using the one piece left at Munich Artists for this purpose. (If you have a question about this you can ask me on Saturday.)
- Feel free to decorate and make the envelopes look amazing. They will be in the window for a month.
- Deadline to Submit envelopes: June 23, 2017.
- Your True Self – (Small Mirrors where you put something on the back or the front. I’m ok if you cover the glass.
- Cost:10 Euro not including the mirrors. ( No bigger than the mirror shown in the example.
- You can make up to 10 mirrors for the installation. All your mirrors will be photographed together for documentation of this installation.
- No Limit in the number of artists. Let’s see how many mirrors we can get into the Elsässerstr. 19 window
- Deadline to submit Mirror artwork to Frauenstrasse 18 is July 22, 2017
- Don’t Toss Me to the curb – Artwork using recycled paper from the recycle bin. The Colours limited to Orange Green and Violet.
- Cost: 10 Euro
- Deadline for submissions: July 26, 2017
Sign up for the Nagel Neu Installation at Odeonsplatz. This will be for a collage art piece created by Munich Artists. The deadline for submission will be July 26, 2017. This is a curated art Installation and Art artist will create a collage that integrates a Big Black Line.
- Cost: 40 Euro including 50x50cm piece of Book board with Black Line for the base of your Collage and one poster booklet.
- Each piece will be 50cm x 50 cm.
- All pieces for the collage must be for sale.
- We will create a booklet for this installation that folds out into a poster. Limited edition prints will be available for sale.
- Number of artists: 42
- Deadline for Submissions July 26, 2017
FYI Here is the updated schedule for the Odeonsplatz Installations:
- May 31 – July 2017— Say Hello
- July 1 – July 26, 2017 – Beginnings – Uses Artwork created by Munich Artists at the Crown Book Binding Workshop.
- July 26 – August 23, 2017 My True Self 2017 – Uses artwork from the Munich Artists My True Self Event July 2017 and The KloHaeuschenSpa.com
- August 23rd – Septe 15 – Contour 2017 – Street Art/Participator Art Piece
- September 15 -Nagel Neu – Group Installation -Collage
- October 2017
- November 2017 – Munich Stories 2017 – Inspired by the stories created for our Munich Stories 2017 Project.
- End of November -December 2017 – Advent Calendar Installation. Installation made from Christmas Ornaments. Let’s make Frauenstrasse 18 a Christmas ornament salon selling the ornaments displayed in the window. Ideas on how to do that are welcome. NOTE: Workshop organizers, let me know if you want to start scheduling workshops for this. I would also love boxes for the ornaments and cards that fit with the boxes. Let’s have fun with this one and make it festive, creative & unique.