Munich Artists loves art books and photography books, Galleries that show art books and the artists willing to create artwork in book form.
This week, Munich Artists met Eva-Marlene Etzel and looked through her photography book entitled “Menschen, die behauten sich zu lieben.”
The book we examined is currently the only one and she brought it to me wrapped in bubble wrap. I loved looking through the book and hearing what Eva-Marlene had to say about her photography, her desire to work full time as a photographer and the ideas she wanted to develop for her fine art photography practice.
Eva-Marlene graduated from art school in Dortmund and now lives in Munich where she is working to develop her book project and build a photography practice.
As most of you know, one of the frustrating parts about being an artist is funding personal art projects.
Eva-Marlene is trying online crowdfunding for her book. Eva-Marlene will be running an indiegogo campaign until March 10, 2017.(Eva-Marlene is printing 20 or so copies of her photography book.)
Here are 8 things you should know about Eva-Marlene’s photography book.
- Everyone in the book is a “normal” person. No professional models were used for her shots.
- The concept for the book is inspired by Shakespearean lovers. Eva-Marlene will not share which ones so you can have fun looking through the images and trying to guess.
- The book gives no answers but deals with emotional love questioning the reality and authenticity of feeling.
- Writer Sibylla Hirschhäuser wrote the text in the book inspired by the photographs. (German text.)
- Eva-Marlene wants the photographs to be seen in a large format so the book is quite large and professionally bound to stay together. For her exhibition at Das Provisorium on Apri 4, she will be showing her images in a very large format.
- Eva-Marlene took video during her photo shoots and the video is an integral part of her project. Eva used stills from some of the videos in her book.
- Eva-Marlene loves fashion photography and integrated this type of photography into her personal style.
- Eva-Marlene has been winning awards (photo below won an award.)