Oh Hello. Did you forget about me already? I’m still on Staycation but Munich doesn’t grind to a halt just because most of the artists have left for vacation. The Art must go on so when you get back into the groove of Munich living, go visit Lueckenfuelle before it gets turned into a construction site.
Lueckenfuelle is located at the corner of Schleissheimerstrasse and Rottmannstrasse. It is a temporary idea space where artsy ideas can become artsy realities.
Lueckenfuelle – Gespraeche in der Stadt – Gespraeche fuer die Stadt (Translation: Discussions in the city – Discussions for the city) is a corner where you can go meet and be creative and share your creations. This is NOT a graffiti corner so don’t bring your spray cans. The mural created by HNRX was by invitation and shall not be morphing into anything else anytime soon unless approved by Lueckenfuelle.
Here is a photo before the HNRX mural…
Here is a photo after the HNRX mural…
I could give you all the artsy language of why this space exists but the nitty gritty is that a group of Minga architects decided that the empty lot was a horrible thing to have in this neighbourhood and they decided to do something about it.
Maria, Leila, Sophie & Nick are the main contacts for the space and the visionaries who decided that this neighbourhood could have a cool space to meet and share art, conversation and ideas with other Munich residents.
If you are a planner and a creative with something to share, the space is currently looking for art events “actions.“
If you have:
- An temporary art installations involving film or music or sculpture
- A idea for an outdoor lecture
- A book readings, poetry slam, flash fiction evening
- A public concert
- An art gathering of super cool creatives
- An idea not mentioned above that would fit within the confines of a neighborhood corner space and would be interacting with the neighbours in a creative and positive way.
Please take the following into consideration:
- The neighbourhood has lots of children and young families.
- The architect quartet made wood furniture in the space that is modular and can be moved around but, it is always in the space. If you wanted an empty corner, you should have made your way over there before they created Lueckenfuelle. Please plan your idea using the furniture that is in the space. Don’t be a diva. This is not the neighbourhood for divas.
- The location is near Stiglmaierplatz. Easy to reach from all areas of Munich. (Subway U1)
- It is an outdoor space. Please plan for an outdoor space. Please remember it is outdoors. There is nothing to shelter you and your art from the elements. Did I mention it was outside?
Contact: Please email your idea to email@example.com
NOTE: International artists and ideas are welcome. Come to Munich and be super creative in this new artsy Munich space. Lueckenfuelle will be happy to receive your email and have you share something that fits with their concept.
Please don’t forget to tell me if your idea gets accepted. I want to make sure we keep this little space filled with creative talent from around the world or maybe just around Munich but around the world would be amazing for me and Munich Artists!