Munich Artists! I had to wait, wait, wait and now I can finally tell you that our My True Self installation will be exhibited during the LNdM at Goethestrasse 53. (Münchner Flüchtlingsrat Goethestr. 53) which is an official location for the shuttle buses and an amazing location to display the My True Self installation. This is our 3rd year exhibiting during the Long Night of the Museum and I want this installation to be amazing and fun and full of our creative energy.
What will be exhibited? The video I’m creating of you and the white masks piled under the video and and a video wall of LNdM guests wearing either a white mask or a my true self mask.
NOTE FOR ARTISTS FOR the SUNDAY JULY 10, 2016 EVENT
- Please bring your two masks.
- 1 all white of your face
- 1 mask that represents your true self.
- Below is an example by Gabriela Popp.
- Please wear all black or very dark blue solid colour clothing as I want people focusing on the mask not the outfit or your body. NO PRINTS, NO WORDS, Just Solid dark blue or black colors.
- Please block off 4 hours 900 to 1200 on Sunday July 10th. Although we may take less time depending on how many times I send you up and down the escalator to capture shots. The video will show a stream of people going down in a single file so depending on how many people we have I may have you go done a few times in different orders to capture the shots so I can make it look like a streaming line of people or the same person having to go down over and over again.
- We meet at the odeonsplatz Window where we show our installations near the cash machine, in the underground on the side close to SF coffee. If you have no clue where the installation window is text me +4915129111465 and I will go find you near the SF coffee.
- If you want me to use your white mask under the installation, please write your name somewhere on the mask so I know who to give it back to after the October installation.
- If you want people man handling your “My true self” mask at the Long Night of the museum, I will use it for the display otherwise I will be making masks for this purpose because after 8k people play with them, they may be worse for wear but it will be fun to see lots of people wearing the masks and taking photos so it is up to you if you want them using your art that way.
See you next week!