It’s been awhile since I’ve told you what to do. Did you miss that? If you did, you will like this post about the artsy events happening in the next month.
- 500 Artists Say Hello event.
- April 23rd, 2016 from 1400 to 1800.
- Quiddestr. 45 Neuperlach (they say it is like Munich’s Brooklyn. We are going there because the space was cheap and near an subway stop. I think Sendling is Munich’s Brooklyn but Sendling is no longer cheap… just like Brooklyn.)
- More than 600 people say that they are Munich Artists and I wanted to see them. I’ve organized a time and a place and artists are bringing food and their artsy selves, their dance shoes and some guitars. We are also:
- Focus on talking, brainstorming, sharing and getting to know more Munich Artists.
- Showing an art installation of Hello artwork.
- Picking artists to work on the playing cards that will be used for the 500 Artists Play cards scheduled for November 19th.
- Picking artists for Brigitte Pruchnow’s artbook project – We will be creating artwork based on an art piece she created. Her art piece will be the cover of the book. This is a first in a series.. if this works out.
- Signing up artists for our Risograph book project. We are printing limited edition art books using a risograph with limited colors (I only have black, blue, red & Purple.)
- Application for Munich Art Market. We will accept applications only at our 500 Artist events. The Munich Art Market is curated marketplace. (30 Euro application fee.)
- Formal membership cards for Munich Artists (membership 20 euro fee)
- Voting for artists to be featured on the website during the rest of 2016.
- Brainstorm projects and signup to work on projects scheduled for this year.
- Deadline Urban Art Festival
- April 28 – April 30th
- Tumblingerstr. 29, 80337 Munich
This is near my house so I will be there but if you live in another area of town, plan to visit Tumblingerstr. and enjoy the new street art created during the festival. The event starts this weekend so head over there after the 500 Artists Say Hello for the evening party. It would be fun to take hundreds of artists from one end of Munich to the other. Shall we do that?
Here are the hours:
Monday – Thursday 16:00-23:00 Uhr
Friday 16:00-00:00 Uhr
Saturday 23.04.2016 16:00-00:00 Uhr
Saturday 30.04.2016 11:00-00:00 Uhr
Sunday 13:00-21:00 Uhr
There is a free concert, a beer garden, free children’s program and crafts fun. Street art is for everyone so go enjoy yourself and take your kids.
- Stroke Art Fair
We all love Stroke. It used to be all street art and design but now it is a mix of contemporary, street art and design. There are lots of Munich Artists showing their work at Stroke and I promise to share their work with you after I attend the press tour.
Did you have a whopping big event that I didn’t post here?
We post art events on our Facebook page in the events section. If you have an exhibition you want people to know about, send me a Facebook invitation to a public event and I will add it to the page. I can’t add private events and I don’t always have time to transfer invitations sent to to me by email or snail mail.
If you are organizing a big whopping event let me know. I like knowing those kinds of things and sharing if it is art related.