Hello Munich Artists!
Here is the scoop.
- Our event is April 23, 2016 from 1400 to 1800 (Middle of the day after you finish your errands and before you head out for your evening activities.)
- People want to eat so they are bringing food to share. Bring food to share and napkins and plates and utensils, better to have more than not enough.
- We have more than 100 artists who have agreed to share artwork for our “500 Artists Say Hello” event so I will be working with more than 100 art pieces for the installation at Quiddestr. 45.
- Most of the artwork for the installation has arrived downtown. (Hurray! Only a few stragglers who will be bringing pieces this weekend.)
- More than 620 people consider themselves Munich Artists.
- We registered more than 100 artists for the Munich Art Market.
- If you want to be considered for the Munich Art Market and you are not showing artwork in the installation, you must register at the event. The registration fee is 20 Euro. Registration/application does not guarantee we will accept your work for sale.
- We want to start looking for group discounts. To do this, I need to create a database of Munich Artists members. I want to see if we can get discounts at art stores and those specialty stores I’m hunting down. To do this, I will be making a Munich Artists ID card. (snazzy) It will be good for one year. All artists registered for the 500 artists event will get a card on April 23. All other artists/supporters must apply for the card and the fee for the card will be 30 Euro to cover admin costs of creating a discount/membership card.
- You don’t have to attend the event or be an artist to be a member of Munich Artists. We will have cards for artists and art supporters. You will need to pay 30 Euro and fill in the application form which will be posted after the event (we will have forms at the event for you to fill in if you come and hang out with us on April 23rd.)
- I’m working on the booklet this week. I decided to print it using a printer and asked Roy Hessing to let us use the photograph below. I just finished the forward and will be populating the pages with your images and words. I will be sending it to the printer on Monday.
- We will be printing some shirts. We will be posting the options next week for Pre-order. If you have a favourite print shop for shirts please let me know. I want thick cotton and a Vneck shirt option cause I’m a girl. We will only print by demand/order for the event.
- If you want to “project manage” T-shirts, please let me know. We will be offering the T-shirts as part of our product line to fund Munich Artists projects so we need to be able to make a bit of profit from the shirts.
- I need a volunteer to manage the registration table, the food table, the application table and cleanup.