I don’t know why they do this…. have so many open studios in one weekend in October before the long night of the Museum but they do and I’m always scrambling to see as many as I can. Hopefully you will have time this weekend to visit some Munich Artists studios and see their current work.
- Ulli Schmeling will be showing some of her photography and sculptures at Kidlerstrsse 3.
- Katrin Nodop will be at the SPD Bürgerbüro located at Daiserstrasse 27.
- Berit Opelt will be showing her artwork at the SPD Bürgerbüro in der Daiserstrasse 27
After you run around Sendling, head over to Neuhausen and check out the artists opening their studios for the weekend. Here are a few of the Munich Artists showing their works in Neuhausen:
- Brigitte Pruchnow will be showing her artwork at München leuchtet, Landshuter Allee 39, 80637 München
- Gabriele Rothweiler and Ursula Singer will be showing their work at Arthaus-Neuhausen
Nibelungenstr.3, 80639 Munich, Germany
- If you like landscapes, you will enjoy this exhibition of Contanze Kirmse’s artwork at Vergolderei Ehmer, Notburgastr. 6, 80639 Munich, Germany. Constanze and Brian Auspitz will be showcasing their artwork starting this Friday October 9, 2015 until January 2016. The vernissage starts at 1830 and goes until 2100.
- On Sunday, if you can still see straight, sit down and have a chat with Dinkela and Corinna Naumann, they will be having an artists talk on Sunday @ 1600.
If you are an artist and you want me to share your events, please make a Facebook event and invite Munich Artists or Emmy Horstkamp and I will add you to our event list. Make sure the event is public. I can’t add private events or events on private pages. (Create an art page for your art practice please.) I try and add the events to the website but that is a hit or miss depending on how busy my week is and how zen I am finding data entry. This week data entry is a nice excuse to get away from the “Made Your Bed” installation which is overtaking my living space while I figure out the best way to “install” it.
NOTE: I will be at the FotoDoks Munich Raw workshop this weekend on Saturday and Sunday. Here is a link to Fotodoks. They will be having a documentary photo festival from the 13th -18th October. I will make a separate post later this week. I’m so excited about this workshop. They have a waiting list so it is too late for you to apply (I did mention this earlier … maybe just on social media.. which is another reason for you to join us on Facebook.) Fotodoks offers other workshops that may interest you. Let me know if you sign up for one.