Wow. We have so much to share that I had to take the events out of the newsletter and put it into a blog post.
Here we go:
This weekend Feb 12-15, 2015
THURSDAY Feb 12th
- Haus der Kunst. The Limits of Tolerance: Insult or free speech? A Panel discussion in English and German with Hito Steyerl, Joachim Bernauer, Okwui Enwezor and Matthias Lilienthal. Starts at 19:30 clock.
FRIDAY Feb 13th
- Poetry reading at Kuenstler Haus which is part of an exhibition. The reading is at the tippy top part of the building and begins at 1700. This poetry reading is in German. A copy of the invitation is in our newsletter because the jpg didn’t want to be uploaded to the blog. (Tried three times)
SATURDAY Feb 14th
- Have some time during the day? There is a photowalk for Valentine’s day. Here is a link to the event page. Theme… Love is in the air. The walk starts at 1500 and the group will be meeting at tram stop Nyphenburg.
- David Russo is busy creating events for you to see. Here is a link to his Valentine’s event which will be showing twice on Feb 14th.
SUNDAY Feb 15th
- MUC Food Lovers Market – Munich Artists invited five artists to the market. We listed them here. Our Facebook Event page has photos of some of the work that will be going to market. The event organiser asked that the artists be entertaining but not like circus animals.. I’m thinking we will be more like the colourful guests at a dinner party.
TUESDAY Feb 17th
- Feb 17th, Dora will be celebrating her first gallery show at the Friday Gallery. Here is a link to her event page on Facebook. Dora works mainly with pen and ink on paper and with surrealist motifs. On Tuesday, Dora will give a short talk about three of her paintings and explain the symbolism. There are still several pieces available for sale and we will be offering limited edition prints of her work.
THURSDAY Feb 19th
- A play in French… Danny and the Deep Blue Sea. I’m organising a group on Meetup to go to the event. Here is a link to the event page.
SATURDAY Feb 21st
- Meditative Workshop – Marbling – Here is a link to the event page if you are interested in marbling paper. Costs around 30 Euro.
Munich Creative Business Week
Here is a link to the Munich Creative Business Week The Friday Gallery is a Creative Spot during the week and we will be showing an installation by Birgit Abt. I (Emmy Horstkamp) will be giving a talk about Regional Branding and Social Media. If you are trying to figure this out for your specific niche, please feel free to come pick my brain on Feb 25th.
WED Feb 25th
Regional Brand Development in a Social Media Society. The exact title of my talk. Here is a link to the event page. The talk will be at the Friday Gallery on the 25th. I changed the date from March 26th to the 25th because I’m going to be giving a speech at an exhibition and can’t physically be in two places at once. You can email me at emmy@ kyfio.com if you have any questions. (Next year I will just loop a video speech that lasts all week long and stop trying to pick a date to do a workshop/Lecture.)
THURSDAY Feb 26th
The Behance Portfolio Show. I will be giving a speech for about 15 minutes. Here are the artists showing work during the exhibition. The artwork on the announcement is by Moran Haynal.
The topic of my speech for the 26th? Artists in Munich, their creative inspiration, art production and the challenges of being a foreign/German artist in Munich, Germany from a foreign/German point of view.
FRIDAY Feb 27
Saturday Feb 28th @1400
Bee photo by Johanna Schreiner
It isn’t so easy to draw a bee and a flower without it being cutesy. I was happy to get this in my mailbox this week. Thanks Johanna!